Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Get rid of self

What always worries me is the reason why they follow me. I worry that they are following me for their own sake. If you really want to attend God and want to fulfill God's will, should you do this work for yourself or should you get rid of yourself? My biggest worry is that some might think, "Now Hyun Jin Nim is working in place of True Father, and he will take bigger responsibilities in the Unification Church and..." as they follow me. No matter how much I tell them, "I am not working because of position or status," "We must create the culture of true love," or "For you to become an exemplary leader especially in front of me and the Unification Church, and in front of the CARP kids and the younger brothers and sisters, you have to set up this tradition more completely than anybody else," I am still worried.
-- Hyun Jin Moon, Yeongnam (Southeastern Korea) Region Rally, November 25, 2004

No comments: